In this episode, we talk to Stephen Pacinelli, CEO of BombBomb, about increasing sales conversions.
- Steve started in real estate technology, selling CRM and advertising systems to real estate agents. When he found BombBomb, he used it for his sales team to close sales over email, and he did it so well, that they offered him a job.
- BombBomb enables human-human communications, sooner and more often in the sales process, through video. The platform works in email, text, or messenger. There’s no download; it just streams.
- Video is the go-to asset when emotion is involved, or where you are building rapport or trust. It is much more personal than a text or email. The video is device-independent. Whatever the client uses for email, it will work with one click.
- It is necessary to open the email message and press play on the video. So, use a good subject line. The word “video” in the subject line will increase open rates. The video has an animated preview, so hold up their name written on a card!
- Steve cites Robert Cialdini’s reciprocity rule. You took the time to make a video for them; they’ll take the time to play it. BombBomb’s speed means you don’t take a long time to make a video. You just record and go. It is authentic, not produced.
- Steve notes a “shiny authenticity inversion.” The shinier a video is, the less authentic it feels. The more raw and organic a video is, the better it performs, because it connects.
- Some people don’t like the way they look and sound on camera. The client will meet you eventually, and you look and sound the same way in person, so, get to face-to-face, now. When you get your first response, you will see how it works.
- Some people “don’t know what to say.” This is not video marketing, that should be polished. This is video communication. Use it like a voice mail. Leave a message. Be human and relatable. Video allows you to build a connection.
- Record on your iPhone or Android. At the end, you have the option to email it, text it, or message it. Steve suggests a three-part framework to use it: empathy, point of value, and call-to-action. Steve has heard of a 20% reply rate.
- BombBomb is great for personalized messages. You can use it with video into a monthly newsletter email, but it greatly increases one-to-one. The client can video reply back, from PC, laptop, or phone, to continue the conversation.
- It’s possible to make video by other means, and link to it, but BombBomb brings ease-of-use to the process, with one-click simplicity. Best response rates come from videos under a minute. Customer service replies, record as needed.
- Steven has a favorite new BombBomb feature: Snippets, that link texts and library video clips. In email, you can select a Snippet and it drops in the video and text together. Steven sends about seven video emails a day.