You can always learn something new about sales that will help you be more successful. This is especially true in light of all the new tactics and technology that are continuously revolutionizing the way we target prospects, provide value and collaborate with other members of our organization. Lucky for us, some of the most salient sales luminaries are willing to share their hard-earned knowledge, research and experience.
We all know that B2B sales is challenging. Almost every deal requires reconciling the needs of a conglomeration of highly educated buyers. Whether you’re adding new leads to your pipeline or closing deals with enterprise CEOs, you need the right approach. These superb sales books can help you do a far better job of helping your customers, and you’ll enjoy far more wins as a result.
So what are you waiting for? Time to hit the books!
The Sales Acceleration Formula: Using Data, Technology, and Inbound Selling to go from $0 to $100 Million
by Mark Roberge
- In this awesomely actionable book, Mark Roberge, SVP of Worldwide Sales and Services at Hubspot, reveals the tactics that he used to help build a $100 million business. Readers will learn how to apply data, technology, and inbound selling to every aspect of accelerating sales. Roberge will help you hire successful salespeople, coach reps into all-stars, generate demand, implement a sound sales process and replicate success.
by Andy Paul
- Salespeople today face a fast-paced and increasingly crowded marketplace where meaningful product differentiation has all but disappeared. To compete, sellers themselves need to become the key differentiating factor. This book, by sales sage Andy Paul, shows salespeople how to set themselves apart and win customers’ trust. This book combines Paul’s research and field experience to deliver one of the best strategic guides ever written on B2B sales, and quickly became a favorite around our own sales organization.
Buyer Personas: How to Gain Insight into your Customer’s Expectations, Align your Marketing Strategies, and Win More Business
by Adele Revella
- Simply put, using buyer personas is one of the most powerful sales and marketing tactics. That’s because using personas help you tailor your sales activities to meet buyers’ expectations. This book, by one of the world’s leading authorities on buyer personas, reveals best practices for segmenting your customer base, investigating various customer types and delivering radically relevant messages to each type of buyer.
by Jeb Blount
- Prospecting is one of the most challenging and most important sales roles. This guide to prospecting by NFL quarterback turned sales guru Jeb Blount comes highly recommended by a pastiche of sales leaders including Jill Konrath, Mark Hunter and Anthony Iannarino. It focuses on ways that prospecting SDRs can fill their pipe with the right kinds of leads. The book covers a range of topics including objection handling, crafting persuasive emails, using social media in the sales process and a 5-step framework for telephone prospecting.
by Brent Adamson and Matthew Dixon
- One of the most influential sales books to shake up the industry over the past 5 years has been The Challenger Sale, which advanced a methodology that the most successful sales reps are those that challenge their customers’ beliefs. In this follow-up by Challenger Sale authors Brent Adamson and Matthew Dixon, they reveal new research that shows that being a Challenger seller isn’t enough, it also matters who you challenge. B2B sales often requires building a consensus among several buyers at a company. And in this book, the authors reveal research indicating that only a specific type of customer stakeholder has the credibility, persuasive skill and will to challenge his or her colleagues to embrace change. The Challenger Customer reveals a blueprint for discovering ideal customers and equipping them to effectively challenge their own organization.
Screen to Screen Selling: How to Increase Sales, Productivity, and Customer Experience with the Latest Technology
by Doug Devitre
- By reading this book, you’ll learn how to make effective person-to-person connections without being in the same room. The power to handle meetings remotely has been a game-changer. This book explores the changing landscape of sales and shows how remote sales delivers a higher impact at a lower cost. This step-by-step guide provides information that can help you access and successfully implement digital and online tools that you need to conduct remote meetings, sales presentations, training sessions, and more.
Do you know about a great recently published sales book that didn’t make our list? Let us know!